The Enchanted Garden
Event Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions set out all information regarding attendance at The Enchanted Garden event (the Event) located at Roma Street Parkland and we encourage you to read them carefully.
- The organiser of this Event is City Parkland Services ABN 72 068 043 318, whose principal office is located at Level 17, 300 Queen Street, Brisbane City, QLD, 4000 (Event Organiser).
- Entry to the Event is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Event will be held within a designated area of Roma Street Parkland (the Venue) and will take place daily from 5pm to 10pm on Thursday 23 November 2023 to Wednesday 21 December 2023 (Event Dates). These Conditions of Entry also apply to event bump-in dates Monday 6 November 2023 to Wednesday (the Bump In Dates) and event bump-out dates Thursday 22 November 2023 (the Bump Out Dates).
- Entry into the celebration lawn precinct at the Event is free-of-charge and includes access to food trucks and a licensed bar (General Admission). No registration or ticket for General Admission is required.
- Part of the Venue at the Event will be cordoned off as a ticketed enchanted gardens experience (The Enchanted Garden Walk) and tickets to the Enchanted Garden Walk are available for purchase through enchantedgarden.com.au for allocated timeslots during the Event Dates (each a session).
- Tickets for The Enchanted Garden Walk are subject to the availability of tickets for that session based on Venue capacities and all ticket sales are strictly handled by the Event Organiser’s ticketing supplier.
- Each ticket permits single entry to The Enchanted Garden Walk strictly for the session the ticket has been purchased for.
- By purchasing a ticket to The Enchanted Garden Walk, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Event Organiser’s ticketing supplier.
- General Admission to the Event and The Enchanted Garden Walk is open to all ages. Attendees at the Event under 18 years old must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
Entry to Event
- BYO food is permitted in the Venue.
- This is a licensed Event and alcohol will be available for purchase and consumption within a designated area of the Venue. Attendees are not permitted to BYO alcohol into the Event, including during The Enchanted Garden Walk and must not consume alcohol outside of the designated area of the Venue. Large fines may apply to any attendees found breaching this condition.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to inspect all bags and containers being brought into the Venue and refuse entry to any person who cannot be identifiable and/or any person carrying an item that in the Event Organiser’s absolute discretion is dangerous or prohibited.
- Drones, bicycles, speakers, glass containers, portable structures including tents and marquees are not permitted to be brought into the Venue.
- No smoking is permitted inside the Venue or within 5 meters of any entrance to the Venue.
- Filming and photography may take place during the Event. By attending the Event, attendees consent to being photographed and filmed by the Event Organiser for its use in promotional and marketing materials. The Event Organiser will retain all rights in the material it produces and the attendee agrees to waive all rights in relation to any photograph, image or likeness of their image produced by the Event Organiser. If you do not wish to be filmed, please see an Event staff member upon entry to the Venue.
- Caution: Smoke Machines, lasers and strobe lighting effects are used in this show.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to The Enchanted Garden Walk to any person who is unable to present:
- a valid ticket for The Enchanted Garden; and/or
- valid form of photo identification (such as Australian driver’s licence, passport or proof of age card) if requested.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any person from the Venue for offensive behaviour, conduct causing a public nuisance including being drunk or disorderly or that creates a disturbance, or for failing to comply with these terms and conditions (including a failure to comply with condition 22).
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse any person entry to the Event if the Event Organiser determines, in its sole discretion, that the Venue cannot safely accommodate additional persons due to Venue capacity limits.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Event Organiser will not be liable to any attendee whatsoever for any loss, damage or claim suffered by any person arising from or in connection with the Event Organiser’s exercise of the discretions contained in conditions 13, 18, 19, and 20.
- Dogs and cats are permitted within the General Admission section of the Venue and must be on-leash and under effective control at all times. With exception to service animals, dogs and cats are not permitted in the parts of the Venue that are designated for The Enchanted Garden Walk. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that their animal does not create any disturbances during the Event. Pet owners must clean up after their animal, including collecting and disposing of waste in the appropriate waste receptacles, controlling dog barking; and exercising due consideration for others.
- Tickets to The Enchanted Garden Walk are strictly non-refundable for change of mind or if a person is unable to attend due to personal circumstances.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to issue a refund to a ticket held for The Enchanted Garden Walk in extenuating circumstances and on a case-by-case basis. All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Event Organiser and will ONLY be considered if the refund request is supported by the following information:
- the registered email against the ticket booking;
- the reason for the request; and
- any other supporting documentation (medical certificate, etc).
- Please note that submitting a refund request does not guarantee that a refund request will be approved. Requests will be responded to within five working days.
- If any session of The Enchanted Garden Walk is cancelled by the Event Organiser, ticket holders may be entitled to a refund of the ticket price paid by that person as displayed on enchantedgarden.com.au (excluding associated booking fees and charges) subject to the ticket holder submitting a refund request in accordance with condition 24 of these terms and conditions.
- Subject to condition 25, to the maximum extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), the Event Organiser will not be liable whatsoever for any loss or claims incurred by any person by the cancellation of the Event or The Enchanted Garden Walk, including any session.
- Re-sale: Tickets must not be resold without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser. Where the Event Organiser has approved the re-sale of the ticket, it must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium, including via on-line auction or other unauthorised re-sale sites.
No Liability of the Event Organiser
- Without limiting any obligations owed by the Event Organiser at law, persons entering the Venue and attending the Event (including The Enchanted Garden Walk) do so at their own risk. The Event Organiser makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of The Enchanted Garden Walk or the Event.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Event Organiser is not liable for:
- any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network for misplaced, lost or ineligible tickets; or
- any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or incurred by any person (including but not limited to direct, indirect, economic loss or consequential loss); or
- without limiting condition 29(b), any personal injury or death or loss of, or damage to property sustained in connection with the entry to the Venue or attendance at the Event or The Enchanted Garden Walk,
- howsoever such liability arises and whether arising in tort (including without limitation in negligence), for breach of contract (including without limitation under any indemnity), under statute, in equity or otherwise. This condition is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the amount paid by the ticket holder for a ticket to The Enchanted Garden Walk.
- If for any reason the Event or any session of The Enchanted Garden Walk is not capable of running for any cause beyond the control of the Event Organiser, the Event Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Event or a session.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, epidemic, pandemic, strikes, the Event Organiser may in its absolute discretion cancel the Event.
Event updates or cancellation
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and to cancel, reschedule or amend the Event, Event Dates and sessions at any time and persons acknowledge and agree that, unless otherwise expressed in these terms and conditions, they will have no rights of recourse or any other claims against the Event Organiser. Any amendments to the Terms and Conditions will be made via this page.
Win the Ultimate Getaway for Four with Royal Caribbean
Competition Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions set out all of the information regarding The Enchanted Garden – Win the Ultimate Getaway for Four with Royal Caribbean competition (the Terms and Conditions).
- The promoter of this competition is City Parklands Services Pty Ltd, ABN 72 068 043 318, Level 17, 300 Queen Street BRISBANE CITY QLD 4000 (the Promoter).
- The prize provider of this competition is RCL CRUISES LTD trading as Royal Caribbean International, ABN 54 150 263 086, Level 12, 157 Walker Street NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2060 (the Prize Provider).
- Information on how to enter this competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- There is one prize available to be won for this competition consisting of a Cruise Certificate redeemable for one (1) quad share Balcony Stateroom cabin on one of the Ovation of the Seas, Quantum of Seas or Brilliance of the Seas cruise ship for four (4) people (including at least one person aged 18 or over) to a choice of Australian and South Pacific destinations and departing Brisbane or Sydney on one of the cruise dates listed in the table below (subject to availability) (each a Departure Date). The Prize is valued at $3,209 based on quad occupancy and is inclusive of taxes, fees and service charges. The Cruise Certificate is valid until 4 April 2024 (the Prize).
|Quantum of the Seas||12-Jan-24||BNE||BNE||7||Queensland|
|Quantum of the Seas||19-Jan-24||BNE||BNE||3||Sampler|
|Quantum of the Seas||22-Jan-24||BNE||BNE||7||South Pacific|
|Quantum of the Seas||29-Jan-24||BNE||BNE||9||South Pacific|
|Quantum of the Seas||7-Feb-24||BNE||BNE||8||South Pacific|
|Quantum of the Seas||15-Feb-24||BNE||BNE||7||South Pacific|
|Quantum of the Seas||22-Feb-24||BNE||BNE||8||South Pacific|
|Quantum of the Seas||1-Mar-24||BNE||BNE||7||South Pacific|
|Quantum of the Seas||8-Mar-24||BNE||BNE||7||Queensland|
|Quantum of the Seas||15-Mar-24||BNE||BNE||7||South Pacific|
|Quantum of the Seas||22-Mar-24||BNE||BNE||5||Queensland|
|Quantum of the Seas||27-Mar-24||BNE||BNE||9||South Pacific|
|Ovation of the Seas||12-Jan-24||SYD||SYD||9||Queensland|
|Ovation of the Seas||21-Jan-24||SYD||SYD||8||Tasmania|
|Ovation of the Seas||21-Feb-24||SYD||SYD||10||New Zealand|
|Ovation of the Seas||2-Mar-24||SYD||SYD||10||New Zealand|
|Ovation of the Seas||12-Mar-24||SYD||SYD||10||New Zealand|
|Ovation of the Seas||22-Mar-24||SYD||SYD||3||Sampler|
|Ovation of the Seas||3-Apr-24||SYD||SYD||10||New Zealand|
|Brilliance of the Seas||9-Jan-24||SYD||SYD||10||South Pacific|
|Brilliance of the Seas||19-Jan-24||SYD||SYD||8||South Pacific|
|Brilliance of the Seas||27-Jan-24||SYD||SYD||6||Melbourne & Hobart|
|Brilliance of the Seas||4-Apr-24||SYD||SYD||8||South Pacific|
- The Prize is subject to the specific terms and conditions of the Prize Provider (including, without limitation, to the extent the Prize is tickets on a cruise, the terms and conditions applicable to that ticket and cruise) and the Prize winner will not be entitled to any monetary compensation (including any refund of the ticket price or otherwise) in connection with the Prize.
- Entrants acknowledge that the risk of delay, postponement or cancellation of a cruise that is the subject of the Prize is beyond the control of the Promoter.
- This competition will open at 9:00am AEST on Wednesday 1 November 2023 and close at 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday 20 December 2023. No entries after this time will be eligible to win the Prize.
How to Enter
- Entrants must visit https://enchantedgarden.com.au/win-this-comp and:
- answer the question in five (5) words or less: “what item you would bring with you to a deserted island?”. Any answer over five (5) words is deemed to be invalid;
- provide their first and last name, email address, contact number, and postcode on the online form; and
- opt in (where indicated on the form) to receive marketing materials from both the Promoter and Prize Provider.
- Only one entry per person, as identified by email address, will be accepted, and any subsequent entries from the same email will be deemed invalid.
- To be eligible to enter this competition, a person must:
- be a resident of Australia; and
- not be an employee, contracted staff or immediate family member of the Promoter or Prize Provider.
Competition Judging and Winner
- All eligible competition entries will be reviewed by a judging panel made up of three employees of the Promoter (judging panel). The winner of the competition will be the most creative submission to the question “what item you would bring with you to a deserted island?” as determined by the judging panel acting in its sole discretion by 5:00pm AEST on Thursday 21 December 2023.
- The decision of the judging panel will be conclusive, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via phone or email by an employee of the Promoter by 5:00pm AEST on Friday 22 December 2023.
Prize claim and Prize Re-draw
- The winner must claim the Prize by return phone call or email to confirm acceptance of the Prize by 5:00pm AEST on Friday 5 January 2024 (the Prize Claim Date).
- If the Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date, that winner (as originally determined) will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and the Prize may be re-drawn at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
- If the Prize is redrawn, the Judging Panel will judge a new winner, to be determined in accordance with condition 15 and provide a period of time for that new winner to claim the Prize. If that new winner fails to claim the Prize in the applicable period of time, that new winner will cease to be the winner and will not be entitled to claim the Prize. This process may continue to apply on any number of occasions (at the discretion of the Promoter), until such time as the Prize is claimed by a winner within the applicable period, or the Promoter decides, in its absolute discretion, not to re-draw the Prize.
- The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to not award the Prize to any entrant, including without limitation, if the Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date or any subsequent period provided for a new winner to claim the Prize, or the Promoter decides, in its absolute discretion, not to re-draw the Prize.
- Once the Prize winner has claimed the Prize, the Promoter will provide the contact details of the winner to the Prize Provider. The winner will be contacted by the Prize Provider within 10 business days of the winner being confirmed with instructions on how to redeem their prize. Note: the selected Departure Date of the winner’s choosing needs to be booked at least seven (7) days prior to that Departure Date (Redeem Date). For example, where the winner wants to redeem the Prize for the Departure Date of 4 April 2024, the winner must book with the Prize Provider by no later than 28 March 2024.
- The Prize will only be valid for the Departure Date agreed with the Prize Provider.
- If the Prize winner does not redeem the Prize by the Redeem Date the Prize will be deemed forfeited by the winner and the winner will not be entitled to any compensation, monetary or otherwise, by the Promoter.
No Liability of Promoter
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prize. Despite any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for:
- any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct loss, indirect loss, economic loss, special loss or consequential loss) which is suffered or incurred by an entrant (including without limitation any Prize winner); or
- without limiting paragraph (a), any personal injury or death or loss of, or damage to, property in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the Prize,
howsoever such liability arises and whether arising in tort (including without limitation in negligence), for breach of contract (including without limitation under any indemnity), under statute, in equity or otherwise.
- This condition is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws, and where the Australian Consumer Law otherwise permits the Promoter to limit the Promoter’s liability, then the liability of the Promoter is limited, at the Promoter’s sole discretion, to compensation equal to the value of the Prize or the resupply of the Prize.
- By entering this competition, the entrant acknowledges and consents to their:
- personal information being collected and stored by the Promoter for the purpose of this competition;
- email address being stored and used by the Promoter to deliver the Roma Street Parkland e-newsletter;
- full name and email address being provided to the Prize Provider to be contacted by the Prize Provider via email to receive marketing e-newsletters and for ticketing purposes if they are drawn as the Prize winner.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition) the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same Terms and Conditions.
Competition Updates or Cancellation
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions, including amending key dates in conditions at any time, and to cancel or amend the competition at any time without notice or further recourse to the entrants.
Win the Ultimate Getaway for Four with Royal Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Specific Terms and Conditions
Special Conditions of the prize include:
- If a winner and travelling companion/s are, for whatever reason, unable to travel during these dates or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
- The cruise Prize is valid for four (4) guests in one stateroom, with at least one (1) guest 18 years of age or older. During the entire duration of a cruise Prize, a nominated parent / guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. Any additional passengers are subject to the prevailing standard fare for the selected cruise date at the time of making the booking.
- Each prize value is based on the quad share Balcony Stateroom grade cabin and any upgrades are unavailable. Prizes are not transferrable to any other ship, cruise or date than that which is specified above. Each prize includes:
- Complimentary onboard experiences and activities which may include (subject to availability, age, height and weight restrictions and terms & conditions) FlowRider® surf simulator, RipCord® by iFLY® (complimentary when at port), North Star® (Ovation of the Seas only and complimentary when at port), SeaPlex® including bumper cars and roller-skating, rock-climbing wall, sports court, adults-only solarium, fitness centre, poolside movies, Splashaway Bay℠ kids’ water park, Theatre entertainment, award-winning Adventure Ocean® Youth Programme (kids club); and
- Complimentary food and beverage venues (breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks, a la cart dining, pizza and soft serve ice cream). Venues may include Windjammer Café, Sorrento’s Pizza, SeaPlex® Dog House, Main Dining Room, Café@Two70, Café Promenade. Fees apply for specialty dining and beverage packages.
- Please note: Amenities vary by ship. Visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruise-ships for details
- The winner and their travelling companion/s are responsible for all other expenses not listed above including but not limited to: flights, any other travel or onboard costs/expenditure, pre or post cruise accommodation, spending money, meals (other than those specified), drinks (other than those specified), mini-bar, incidentals, laundry, room service, phone calls, gratuities, optional activities and excursions, freight, excess baggage, ground transport, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance, and all transfers, including travel costs to and from their closest capital city airport if the winner is from a regional area. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations, insurance, and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
- It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at the destinations. Any fines, penalties, payments of expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the
- All Prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage. The Prize Provider and carrier make no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. By collecting the Prize, the traveller acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the Prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other
- The Prize Provider strongly recommends that the traveller take out travel insurance and consult the smarttraveller.gov.au website prior to travelling.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices as at 9 October 2023. The Prize Provider accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- All Entrants agree that if they Win the Prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and / or photographs to any media or other organisations (online or other). Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Prize Provider.
- The Prize must be taken on applicable sailings between 12 January 2024 and 4 April 2024.
- Total Prize pool is valued at up to $3,209 AUD based on published prices for 7 February 2024, 8-night sailing on Quantum of the Seas correct as at 9 October 2023. All prices stated are in Australian Dollars, represent the recommended retail price (RRP), include GST and are to the best knowledge, information and belief of the Prize Provider correct at time of printing.
- Where relevant, it is the Winner’s and their travel companions’ personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel and health documentation. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and their travel companions. The Prize Provider makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
- Without limitation, the Winner and their travel companions will be subject to all booking Terms and Conditions as set out at: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/terms-and-conditions/information-terms-and-conditions-au. It is the responsibility of the Winner to confirm such Conditions with the Prize Provider or other relevant third parties.
- The cruise Prizes are a single event trip for the Winner and their travel companions and cannot be separated into separate trips or components. The Winner and their companions must travel together.
- It is a condition of accepting a cruise Prize that the Winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all incidentals they may incur during their stay.
- The Prize must be taken as offered and is subject to booking and availability. The Prize, or any unused portion of a Prize, is not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be refunded for or redeemed as cash. Prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- As a condition of accepting a Prize, the Winner and their travel companions:
- consent to the Prize Provider, its related entities any other entities determined by the Prize Provider in its absolute discretion, using (if any of these parties elect to use) the name, image, likeness and / or voice of each of the Winner and / or their travel companions for marketing purposes and in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without remuneration, reference or further notification to the Winner or their travel companions and;
- agree to participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media or editorial requests of the Prize Provider, its related entities and any other entities determined by the Prize Provider in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to being individually or jointly interviewed, photographed and filmed, and acknowledge that the Prize Provider, its related entities and any other entities determined by the Prize Provider in its absolute discretion, may use such interviews, footage and photographs in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without remuneration to anyone, reference or further notification to the Winner or their travel companions. The inclusion of any such interviews, footage or photographs (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Prize Provider, its related entities and / or any other entities determined by the Prize Provider in its absolute discretion at all times.
- The Winner acknowledges and accepts that activities that form part of the Prize are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. Some onboard activities attract age, weight and height restrictions that may prevent the Winner from participating.
- The Prize Provider is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The Winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
- In the event that a Prize, or part of a Prize, is unavailable (for any reason beyond the Prize Provider’s reasonable control), the Prize Provider reserves the right to substitute the Prize or part of the Prize in its discretion with an alternative Prize or part of the Prize to the same and equal or greater recommended retail value and / or specification, subject to any written directions from the various lottery departments.
- Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that if his/her entry wins, the Promoter (any each of its assignees and licensees) and Prize Provider have the right, in their absolute discretion, to edit, amend, copy, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, the entry in any media including the internet, without any further consultation, reference, payment or any other compensation to the entrant.